Want to do a Fresh install Windows 10

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by dirtybirdmagic, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Is there a way for me to pull my windows 10 pass code off my current install so I can do a clean install of windows 10. This was a upgrade from last windows to windows 10..

2. One app you can use is Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder, or BelArc Advisor, along with many others. Belarc will list the product keys for ALL installed programs and software along with other miscellaneous info about your system. Thats one way but the key might not work if it was an upgrade. Was it a preinstalled version of Windows that you upgraded from, or was it the free upgrade that Microsoft published for awhile to get everyone to go to Windows 10? If you have a copy of Windows 10 Home, you can upgrade to 10 Pro for free with a legitimate Windows 7 Pro, 7 Ultimate or Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro key.

3. I have a personal gaming PC at home. It's got a ton of shit installed on it. Has gotten really slow. It has an activated copy of Windows 10 Home (1709) on it. No CD though.

I would like to reinstall Windows for a fresh start. I'm not sure how to do this. It's confusing me. Do I need to create some kind of recovery media or can I just click a 'reset' button?

4. I could be wrong but I do think windows 10 has a reset option now where it will delete everything back to like you just bought it.

I’m not 100% sure though.

Rustedsp00n likes this.
  5. Yeah go into "PC Settings" and go to "Update and Security", scroll down to "Recovery" on the left side and select "Reset". Easy Peezy, lemon squeezy!

6. Why is it always THIS THREAD that gets spam on it? Weird....

7. wheres the spam???