How to Avoid The Miramar Map In PUBG

Discussion in 'Playerunknown Battlegrounds' started by TOASTuh, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Instructions have been posted on the PUBG Subreddit, but it's basically finding the Miramar map files and renaming/moving them. In order for a full squad to take advantage of this, all squad members must have the map disabled. If not, they will be kicked back to the menu screen. Note that this only works on PC. Alternatively, there is a method using a script that does this for you.

Army126 likes this.
  2. I prefer the newer map over the old. I don't care that loot will be as good in certain areas and that there are "large stretches of desert with no cover". Thats the fucking point of the desert. All my favorite spots have been recognized on the old map, which makes adjusting a pain in the ass. I assume this trick does the same thing for the other map?

holtmanium and Nulli172 like this.
  3. Not sure what the big deal is with Miramar. I like the change in scenery and weapons as well as the change in tactics.

holtmanium likes this.
  4. i'd strongly suggest not altering your game in any way, even something this seemingly harmless.

Antivanity, Kenny and Nulli172 like this.
  5. I agree. Especially considering they are supposed to be putting in an anti-cheat next week that will look for edited game files and such.

6. PUBG specifically stated in the anti-cheat update notes "<File Modification>
    If you tamper with the game files, your game access may be blocked, especially if you delete, modify or manipulate in any way the files affecting any of the game systems and mechanics. "

7. I agree with both of the above. I love the new map.