Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'Battlefield 1' started by red_label_scotch, Oct 29, 2017.

1. You know that REPORTING players is just a joke, when you report a player two weeks ago, and the video you uploaded and linked to them has 0 views.

Is there any idea that we might be able to take a stance, as a gaming community, against EA and publicly boycott their next game?

2. You can't boycott a game you already bought. Don't buy their next game, plain and simple.

3. That is my point, if we all agree that EA is really dropping the ball, *as a community* can we agree to not buy it, and publicly notify EA why...

4. Not to take the wind out of your sails, my friend, but EA doesn't give two shits about the PC community as a whole...nevermind a single community within that market. Their bread and butter is the console market and if the entire PC community quit buying their games, it still would only be a tiny drop in the bucket of their revenue. No amount of crusading or sternly worded letters and forum posts will change their policies. Their shareholders are happy and that's all they care about. I am personally done buying DICE and EA games, but they're simply not worth getting worked up over. As for a community stance, if there are enough members interested in a game and it's sustainable, we'll likely support it. If no one is interested and everyone refrains from buying the next DICE game we probably won't. It would be unwise for us to declare that no matter what, we wouldn't be supporting any DICE games in the future, especially if there was interest within the community.

Ironhorse, Kohlor, KedsDead and 4 others like this.
  5. He's not wrong^...

As I said before, the only way you can form a proper protest is to NOT BUY THEIR GAME in the future. The power of your wallet is strong.

Forza 7 is a prime example. I bought the $80 version with the impression that the "VIP" I was buying was like the past version. It wasn't, at all. I got my money back, along with thousands of other people and they changed that VIP over the weekend. For me, it was too late but for others, they bought it back. Using your wallet to make companies change their shit is the only way to make this work and since you already gave up your share, its too late.

Kohlor likes this.
  6. My point was of course not to somehow quit playing BF1, but to suggest the idea that a future stance towards DICE/EA could be possible. I was not suggesting a "never" stance, but rather a, "hey, we plan to put our money elsewhere," position. As you say, XLocust, you are done with EA and DICE. I don't blame you, and I certainly am pretty much with you. You make reference to crusading and sternly worded forum posts, and yes, I am guilty as charged. Yes, they are pretty much pointless in the long run.

As an individual, my voice is quiet. As a group, our voice might be a bit louder. Perhaps other groups could also join the chant. Then again, as you say, PC gaming is virtually nothing compared to console.

Perhaps I am just tilting at a windmill here, but I have this odd fantasy that perhaps they might listen to gaming groups, and perhaps we could lead that charge that other gaming groups could follow.

And I might win the lottery tomorrow, too.