Destiny 2 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Antivanity, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Destiny 2 is out on PC. Whats your guys' thoughts on it that have bought it?

2. I feel that it is an expansion of the first game repackaged as a sequel. No Go.

Big Forte likes this.
  3. I'm yet to pick it up but I most likely will if some others in the group do so. I enjoyed the first one.

4. I have it. Btw I made up a rTr clan in Destiny 2 if anyone would like to join. Let me know your battle.net ID

I am: Crixsus#11173

#4 Septicemic, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  5. If you guys want in Ill also be sure to make you Admins.

6. I've put some time in it. I've beat campaign, done the nightfall stuff...

It's a fun game. It's nothing revolutionary. I didn't play the first one so i can't agree with the expansion of the first one comment, but they would know better so I'll defer to them.

It is fun though. It is not 60 dollars fun, and when you beat everything..it's repeatable dailies that are left. They are adding new stuff to the game but I'm sure you will have to pay for it so I'm out.

7. Completely agree. Played it hard for a week or so, did the nightfall stuff and played a little of the raid. Once you beat the campaign its just mind numbing loot/rep grind endlessly until the weekly reset.

The game is supposed to be SOCIAL and there is nothing social built in. You cant talk to random people, you cant chat in a general chat for a zone or region. You cant even talk/communicate in pug PVP matches. YOU CANT TALK TO ANYONE. You join a random clan and then hope you find people on at the same time you are.

Its not fun. visuals are beautiful but the game is a joke.

Army126 likes this.
  8. After playing through all the content that is available it was a complete waste of money. Mad at myself for spending 60 dollars for this game with what content is available and they are already offering paid DLC for more content lol. You get like 50x the content and experience from a game like borderlands than you do this crap.

Edit: ...and a point Forte made I thought was hilarious myself: You have a game based on getting together with people yet there is no form of chat or communication outside of your own fireteam/clan. So if you wanted to form groups for raids you have to use some third party via forums etc. Again this is a game you are paying 60 dollars for and they don't even have something as basic as a public/global text chat. Triple A title game btw

#9 CityOfDealers, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    xLocust likes this.
  9. Funny there are so many Nay sayers in here. We have a bunch of people in the Clan and quite a few very active players. New content comes out On December 5th. I have leveled all three classes and new quest and challenges appear daily. the First Iron Banner just ended. Nice to play a game that can actually be challenging.

You also have a problem using a world wide forum, but still manage to make your way here?

It actually works pretty well, not to mention the item manager app you can use to modify your inventory in real time.

They just didnt want a game where there was an open chat channel filled with kids making stupid comments all day. Its nice for a change to see an mmo without all the chaos.