Albion Online

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Solidflip, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hey everyone,

So a couple of us are playing this game called Albion Online. Its a PvP/PvE MMO styled like RuneScape was but not exactly. It has a nice combat system alongside several skills you upgrade by using them. The game definitly isnt for everyone as its very niche, but if youre interested in something you can play between your other games this might be a good thing for you.

Pros:
    • Be What you Wear system: If you want to mix/match different playstyles you can. Be a tanky mage by equiping plate armor or go the DPS path with mage robes.
    • Full loot/Partial loot system. PvP is rewarded in zones that have full loot while in other zones only partial loot is allowed. However the highest quality materials are in full loot zones so they wont always be dead.
    • Skill system
    • Personal/Guild islands (avoid the taxes in player cities by creating NPC shops on your own personal island
    • Player driven economy. (marketplaces differ from city to city, so merchanting is quite lucrative)
    • Massive GvG fights weekly for control of player Cities
    • World bosses
    • Everything in game can be crafted. (Like that guys armor? Craft it by yourself!)
    • NO p2W. The game creators have stated they will not create a cash shop for buying items. All items/bonuses can be bought with in-game currency.
    Cons:
    • Graphics are low end. (this is annoying especially for me, but it reminds me of RS so nostalgia kicks in)
    • Everyone is on 1 server (They have 1 hour of scheduled downtime per day to prevent lag) Though this may change and could be seen as a plus for PvPers.
    • Very new game. Some features arent in yet, but being worked on like chat customization (IE: spam filter)

All in all its a fun game, if you want to check it out visit: https://albiononline.com/en/home. And if you do decide to try it out visit this link to get a founders pack: https://albiononline.com/en/home

The game officially launches on July 17th. We already have a Guild Island in Fort Sterling and were constantly gathering the materials needed to upgrade the island. We will also be starting our recruitment effort on June 17th. If you have any questions, or want to call me a nerd, see me in ts!

2. It's a really fun game which I'm looking forward to playing on release. My suggestion though is go to the main website and look at some builds so you don't end up wasting your LP (Learning Points) or time by grinding up trees that you don't need right away. The destiny board is huge and there is something for everyone.

3. So I managed to find Fort Sterling and set up my island there. The servers have been wonky today and there is also a huge queue. Anyways when you can add Jerek in game.

4. Im hoping on now, gonna see if gold has increased in price or not, else ill be running dungeons to level up and fund the guild island. im not selling gold for 33 silver

EDIT: Scratch that, im logging on in 1h apparently lol

5. So after been robbed and murdered by a gank squad of FAME goof balls, I've finally managed to recoup the 40 000 that I lost. Now I must level up crossbow so I can shoot those losers in the face in the not to distant future :p

6. I made a excel spreadsheet of what the guild island needs and has. Any help gathering this would be appreciated and can be banked in the Chest inside the Guild Hall.

LINK

7. Ive upgraded all the craftin stations on the guild island to tier 4 Adept.

8. Awsome game! brings back the old games, you knew and loved.

9. wow its quiet in here