Am I off?

Discussion in 'Battlefield 1' started by red_label_scotch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Am I off? I don`t see how, on our hardcore server, a player could survive a melee attack with a sabre, let alone survive at 100%. Am I mistaken in this?

FinePoints and Army126 like this.
  2. No your not off at all.. welcome to the new "Call of Battlefield" or "Battlefield of Duty".. your pick...

FinePoints likes this.
  3. No, your not off. You got his Kevlar aka Helmet, you can hear it Ching and sparks fly if you slow it down. That’s why he got hit back when you did hit him.
    I shit you not I was sniping with the BAR Telescopic and had it on single shot mode and shot a sniper in the head. His helmet came flying off when his head got knocked to the side. That blew my mind! I was like WTF! But that’s what Kevlar/Helmets are for. I was just shocked they put that much thought into a game.

#4 Kohlor, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    xLocust likes this.
  4. ...

#5 red_label_scotch, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  5. FYI Kevlar is a common term in modern day military for Helmet. Kevlar wasn’t invited until 1965 and didn’t see service until the 80’s I believe. Just wanting to clear that up so I wouldn’t look like a dumb ass thinking they had Kevlar in WW1 era. Metal helmets were standard issue. :D

KedsDead likes this.
  6. Regardless of helmet type, you still suck at BF1...

Antivanity, Kenny and Kohlor like this.
  7. red ive had this happen to me as the victim. kohlor is right you can get parried by their weapon if they swing too, and you can get deflected by their helmet

8. So, Pattiecake, you are saying that the helmet will absorb a headshot, or is this a melee thing? I am not familiar with this mechanic.

9. It will absorb a HS, the damage May very if any at all. I didn’t get an “assist count as kill” when I shot that Sniper in the head and his helmet came off after my shot. I believe the programmers of Battlefield may be the only ones that have the answers to this question.