Battlefield 1 Server Settings

Discussion in 'Battlefield 1' started by Kenny, May 5, 2017.

1. Hello fellow Bravo Company members,

Following several nights of discussion between public players and members, it is apparent that we need to have a formal discussion to adjust a few server settings on the main Battlefield 1 server.

2000 Ticket Count

The ticket count has recently been set at 2000 tickets. There are a few pros and cons to this. 2000 tickets is appealing to the public and could potentially draw in more server traffic and keep the server going for a little longer than usual. There are a few downsides to this. First off, having 2000 tickets on a map that is unpopular or a frequently played map is unbearable at times. Another downside is the queue. With an increase in server tickets, the matches will last longer forcing those in queue to wait extended periods of time. This could in turn cause players to leave and find another place to play. Matches currently last approximately 60 - 75 minutes.

Map Rotation

Currently we have 10 maps in rotation. We are currently missing: Fao Fortress, Suez, Empire's Edge, and Giant's Shadow. There are a select few maps that come up in the vote map a lot more frequently than others. This is degrading, when we are constantly playing the same 3 or 4 maps each night. For example, Soissons, and Verdun Heights come up almost every other time in the vote map selection. This needs to be addressed. We have two choices; either add in the 4 missing maps to see if we can balance the vote map selections or put the server back to a standardized rotation.

Please put any thoughts and comments below, this is an open thread. We want everyone's feed back on this. We are at a critical point in the game where we need to make this decision to see if we can boost server popularity.

Thank you!

#1 Kenny, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. *giants shadow

3. I am actually against 2000 tickets its to long of a match. Plus I do not like playing the 4 maps over and over the random mode that dice uses for voting seems skewed a lot to the new dlc.

4. *Soissons

5. 2000 Ticket Count
    • The games last longer but can have the side effect of creating a long queue for players looking to join the server.
    • The map rotation has leaned slightly towards the DLC maps a lot more (unsure if this is something DICE is doing intentionally or unintentionally) and the higher ticket count causes the games to become less enjoyable when we have 2k tickets to work towards on a map people aren't having fun on.
    • I think the original 1000 ticket limit allowed players to enjoy enough time on each map while preventing each game from taking too long to complete. If an increase from this were needed, something well below 2k would be nice, maybe 1.5k at most?

Map Rotation

• I've felt that the map rotation has been getting stale for some time now and could use a refresh. Bringing back the maps could attract more players and provide a nice change of pace.
    • I'm getting the feeling that votemap system favors the DLC maps and having a standardized rotation could help break the monotony of voting for maps that come up too frequently. Standardized rotations can also be changed by admins to change the routine, adding more variety to the server.
    Short version: I'm for bringing back the 4 maps, and reducing the 2k ticket count to either 1k or 1.5k.

6. Am with, All Good :D Thanks Kenny

7. played last night and was kind of sick of playing after 1 game.... 2000 tickets is too much. We played a fort game that was never even close since 5 minutes in. became an eternity of spawn killing

I honestly dont see how 2000 tickets is a draw for people to join the server. we were at max capacity with 8-10 deep queue every night for the past week. #1000ticketsdidnothingwrong

Kenny likes this.
  8. Most 2000 ticket servers i played on in BF4 were lockers and Metro. Games where its almost always close and the engagements happen in a smaller area. Plus you rack up them sweet sweet medic points. lol