Facepalm with linux

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by killer04, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Since I know quite a few people around here are familiar with linux and coding, you can laugh at my stupid screw up.....

So I have been working on getting a raspberry pi setup for my own private VPN server, mainly to steal free live TV streaming from my parents while I bounce around the country, When I was enabling SSH again after breaking my Pi the night before I was getting real pissed off that I couldn't get my SSH key working. I knew SSH worked and it wasn't until I disabled requiring a password for login that the issue occurred. (Disabled standard login in favor of key with passphrase). Well after VNCing in and commenting out the lines I changed to allow SSH again, and after clearing out the key and reloading it, I went back into the SSH config. At this point as I was scrolling down in my SSH session in the config I noticed a capital letter..... A capital letter in an area where all others are lower case.....

My dumbass when uncommenting a line of code and changing yes to no, made it "No"...

Once I made it "no" everything magically worked fine...

In other news my Rpi should be fully functional by the time I leave today. SSH and VNC setup, DDNS client running, VPN server running, encryption keys and passphrases.