Steam Wont Launch Games

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by killer04, Sep 30, 2017.

1. It goes through the process of launching a game, but the second it goes full screen the game dies. No messages or anything. This is with all the steam games I have installed right now. I have already uninstalled most of my steam games and reinstalled Steam. Due to my shitty internet I would rather not do a complete restore.

I wasn't sure if anyone has had this issue before or not

#1 killer04, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. You dont have to do a restore.. copy the steamapps folder, in the steam folder.. it will have your library in it.. just rename it or something or just move it to an adjacent folder.. Tell steam to uninstall the games.. it will detect that the game is not there, and remove it.. rinse and repeat for the rest for all games. uninstall steam.. run Ccleaner ( or equivalent ) to clean up the registry. Reboot... Install Steam.. move your folder back into the steam library, or tell steam to use that folder ( or drive ) to install you games, select as default.. If Steam does not see them right away, no big deal, just select the game and tell it to install, it should just verify that all the files are there via an integrity check. Then try and load the game..

3. The issue is, I've already uninstalled Steam completely and upon reinstalling the games still wouldn't work right. The only one that has worked so far is Dead Island which is an old game lol