Suitable Server for Videos backup

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MikeNortro, May 3, 2017.

1. Hello,
    I need your help my team, i am thinking of making an app that needs allot of space for videos, plus encryption and security lockouts.
    what are my options to get such server with HIGH speed Download/Upload. something like youtube but private.

please let me know

2. That would be just a Server hosting service.. Kinda of like what we use... Would be a little pricey though.. You will need tons of storage to go along with the bandwidth.. not to mention the data usage.

3. 1&1 and godaddy for example?

4. Also.. what amount of storage do you require..? you do know that YouTube is in the Petabyte world right.. ( I know your starting out, but video files get large, fast.. )

5. Yes, it would need that space, but i believe with my plan i could expand and get more and more space from revenue or donations or investors
    ill try one of these as soon as i get paid, what the worst can happen? losing the start up cash?.. its a nice idea would make you be interested in no time :D

6. What classifies as alot of space, and do you have an idea of how much data you're looking at coming in and out? I think a dedicated box/hosting solution may get unmanageable if you're looking to scale up quickly. I'd suggest looking into Amazon S3 as it meets your requirements, and you can test your app with their free tier.

1. allot of space for videos
      • practically limitless
    2. plus encryption and security lockouts
      • encrypt the data in transit with TLS
      • encrypt the data while stored in S3 with multiple cipher and public+private key management options
      • you can make an Access Control List and tag each bit of data stored which means you can get very granular (if you want) with what people have access to.
    3. server with HIGH speed Download/Upload
      • they have multiple east and west coast regions where you can store the videos as well as Europe, Asia, and S.America.
      • if you wanted to scale it up, you can use their Transfer Acceleration which costs a little extra

Antivanity likes this.