How to build a phone.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Antivanity, Apr 12, 2017.

1. actually you made a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up. So as a following question (Proof of Concept), if I were to assemble my own board, could I hook it up and with some handy dandy unix based scripts and just kinda assign my own number to the board? What Im asking is if this IMEI is carrier-dispensed or if you could essentially make a truly anonymous device.

Rustedsp00n likes this.
  2. Anonymous or invisible devices can be constructed, but as far as i know, theyre not at all legal. If you use android and your device is rooted and the OS is customizable, for example, with Cyanogenmod (now known as Lineage OS), you can use cloak or rewrite your IMEI temporarily. and sometimes permanently, depending on your skills. I've done it using these methods, but have never built a truly invisible device. Never wanted to try. Sketchy shit and Uncle Sam will thinks so too. Dont fuck with the FCC.

CancerousSunChip likes this.
  3. Definitely understand. I'd imagine if you were to completely reverse engineer a phone you'd find some pretty interesting shit. Like how our phone trackers actually do work with the phone powered off and stuff. I've seen a phone like this marketed before, but im not sure if they went to this degree in making it 'anonymous'. I think it was either custom ROM or some kinda ubuntu type shit. But it had like 128bit encryption and they boasted that it was more anonymous than a normal carrier phone. As far as legality however, I think it would be legal to make one. But the part that gets you is the distribution and more than likely if you connect the handset to a carrier service or anything then that may be seen as illegal. But you can buy a book on how to make rocket fuel (Im sure you know which im talking about) and even a book on how to be a hitman. They go over the guise that it's for growth of knowledge or that it's for legal purposes. So, all I have to say is that my anonyphone is not connected to any live networks and is in fact a POC and not for sale or anything. As we go farther in the future with surveillance and other tech getting better, we might have a market for things like this and I for one would not be upset if someone were to buy some technology off me that I invented for a few million for rights to it.

EDIT - But yes, the FCC, as well as any other government agency does not fuck around. Probably send you to a fusion camp that doesn't exist or Guantanamo that got 'shut down'. (*gets out tin foil hat*)

4. ******Psssst..., Guantanamo is still fully operational....... FYI. lol

Army126 likes this.