Looking for some input on a gaming laptop.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DontFragMeBro, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Hey y'all,
    Im in the market for a gaming laptop and was wondering if i could get some input. The main use will be for single player games that can have some good graphics IE. ( Witcher 3 on ultra (no hair-works)) so im thinking i need either a 1050ti or 1060 for a gpu and I would like it to have some decent storage like maybe 1tb HDD and I would also like around 8gb+ of ram, my budget is around preferably less than 1k but I can probably go up to 1.2k does anyone know of anything that may fit that bill? Dont have a brand preference as long as its not HP (had some bad experiences )

Thanks everyone!

PS: if anyone thinks that may be too much or too little to run the witcher let me know please.

2. This is the best deal I could find. I personally prefer Asus after owning one but to get close the specs I had, you are closer to $1400. MSI puts out a ton of laptops. I'm kind of disappointed as this model doesn't come with an OC'd screen but the lower 1060 3GB model has one. For the price, this is a good deal based on hardware alone.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P06MG7578

Kohlor and DontFragMeBro like this.
  3. This is what brand I bought. They are formally known as Clevo but for some reason changed there name to Sager. They were asked by Nvidia to do a laptop experiment on testing a 1080ti in a laptop.
    They have various screen sizes and are reasonably priced.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/17-Laptops/

Army..... buying another laptop isn’t going to change how bad you suck.. even on single player. LMAO!!

4. From evidence that we have already seen, having a badass computer like the one you have doesn't improve your skills either.

5. lol What evidence.. I barely have time to S.S.S.S (Shit, Shower, Shave & Sleep)

But you are right it doesn't improve my skills when I don't get to play. So maybe when I do get to start playing again I can hopefully see that your skills have improved. But don't you worry. I wont hold my breath for that. :D

6. Dump the shower and shaving.. that should leave enough time to play more...

7. You wear a gas mask at work? If not, drop the shave. You wear coverall's at work? Drop the shower and put on some deodorant, problem solved.

Kohlor likes this.