Need help buying a mouse

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Solidflip, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Over the years ive gone through a LOT of mice. The main problem isnt that they wear out in the sense they stop moving, but that the buttons on the side wear out too fast. I use the side buttons for my push-to-talk, so they need to be able to withstand a lot of wear and tear as , you may have noticed, i talk a lot.

So does anyone have any suggestions? The price point im looking for is "IDK as long as it isnt expensive and then breaks in 6 months".

Suggested:
    Logitech G400

#1 Solidflip, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. Oh 1 stipulation, it cant look like this:[​IMG]

that looks uncomfortable as hell

3. I've been using the Logitech G400s

Chris_0395 and Antivanity like this.
  4. Noted!

also Rae/finepoints dont think this exists, but perhaps one where the buttons on the side are replaceable? is that a thing? Or maybe not flimsy plastic lol

5. If that does exist prepare to pay $200 or for it to look like the one you don't want.

Antivanity likes this.
  6. I am a HUGE fan of this series of Logitech mice. Have been using them for over 15 years.

7. If you've got a claw grip I recommend the Cooler Master Xornet series. 2 thumb switches and "on the fly" DPI adjustments. Have been using a first generation for 4 years on my main PC and a second generation for 2 years on my laptop. Both go for ~$30 new. Only difference I've been able to tell is the second generation's scroll wheel changes color depending on DPI setting. Granted, I don't talk all that much but the thumb buttons did survive BF4's "press to counter" knifing system.

8. My favorite mouse of all time is the
    Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX

i use it for work, and play. I got one of the logitech ones with loads of gaming buttons once and it just confused the shit out of me while gaming.

9. I have this mouse and it is amazing :p. one of the most comfortable mice that have owned.