rTr Presents: Car Talk (also called"Solid dont know shit about cars"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Solidflip, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Hey yall,

So its about that time, i need a new vehicle. My old car is dying and i honestly dont want to repair it (it was my ex-wifes and i kinda hate it) Of course i know a little about cars but was wondering if anyone here has some advice.

So my main things are Gas mileage and safety. So i was thinking civic or accord. Anyone own one of these (or something they would recommend) and have some advice?

2. Don't forget the Toyota Corolla and stay away from Nissan. I've heard enough good things about Hyundai I was also conciser them.

Solidflip likes this.
  3. Yeah looks like they are all around the same price for the accord/civic/carolla.

Im looking to get a newer one sometime in either november or december, maybe for my birthday

though i tell you what... part of me wants to go hybrid for the gas mileage, but im not sure they would last a long time.....

4. I've owned two civics in my lifetime. The only work I've ever had to do was brakes/oilchange/tires. They are good value vehicles with solid gas mileage.

Hybrids aren't holding up long term compared to standard gas models. Also, you break something in a hybrid, hope it's not part of the electrical system. It gets expensive, very fast. And to clarify, the newer hybrids are lasting longer than the older tech models. In 10 years, Hybrids will probably last just as long as anything else, but since it's the first couple generations that are aging now, it's tough to get a good bead on it.

Also, Hondas carry their value better than most vehicles. I've been able to trade in Hondas (wife has had 2 now too) that have retained much of their value.

I drive a civic, she drives a CRV. Both are good vehicles, no complaints.

Solidflip likes this.
  5. my brother had a prius for 200, 000 miles.... My wife has one and i like it for how cheap the gas is. And the gadgets are cool.
    Crv , civic, Rav4, the new corollas, are great. Also Kia's you get so much for less money. My friend has a optima and it feels like a expensive car.

Yes Honda engines are bomb proof.... I drove my minivan to 275,000 miles, sold it still running fine.

6. I bought a 2020 honda civic hatchback sport in agean blue... i fucking love it

7. You just answered your own question

8. I think you should get a 6.4L Charger like mine. "The Ladies" like it so much I had to put Star Wars bling on it so they'd leave me alone. Same with the dudes. I had to replace the fuel sensor and the trunk latch, and it rattles, and it weighs 2.5 tons, but it should meet your mileage and safety requirements; it'll safely kill anything you run into while trying to do something other than drive straight, AND it gets *both* miles per gallon.

Jokes aside, if you're looking for a gas burner and not a hybrid, and along the lines you're already thinking, take a good look at a contemporary Mazda, at least a 3. My GF has a 3, and like three other members of the immediate family have gotten Mazda 3s. If there were complaints I'd hear about them - there are none. I also have to drive some of them occasionally, and can tell you I'd take a Mazda 3 or 6 over anything equivalent from Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, or domestic.

(Back to jokes): Plus, they fit in my trunk.

I realize this is basically a post necro, but it's never too late to draw in another punch hole on your man card. With that Civic, you might need it.

9. ...I am looking at the exact same vehicle as a possible purchase. Love civics...and the added room of the hatchback is a necessity now I have to have a car seat.

10. i LOVE it, the space is great, the tech is fun and the spot mode is badass