Sportsmanship...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Krazie_Ivan, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...why it's vital to individual growth, a healthy community, & how to foster it in others;
    (ignore the click-bait title)

i played nearly every sport as a kid, but i'm not at all jock-type or even follow pro sports today - i just enjoyed them all, was/am competitive, & don't like being bad at anything. i've noticed a huge steady drop in sportsmanship over the last 20yrs - whether it's being a gloating poor winner, society being enamored with & glorifying trolls/griefing, or the rise of no shame in cheating. as gamers, our hobby is massively effected by the shift away from understanding & taking pride in healthy sportsmanship. regardless of causes (philosophers & academia have found many), we're lucky enough to be on the front-lines & have opportunity to push back.

as RtR (or just decent fuckin humans), pls keep this in-mind while starting this new year of gaming with your fellow man/woman. i know i have my own work to do as well.

Antivanity and Ironhorse like this.
  2. Hear Hear!

As a person who always plays the role of medic/healer/support the amount of salt that you see is incredible. Not only from enemies but also teammates. It is at THESE times, when you are being berated by those with poor sportsmanship, that you must rise up and be an example of how a mature adult deals with these things.

except with cheaters... fuck 'em

3. AMD still sucks.

4. fixed it for you.

5. "AMD is still way better"...Then why aren't people buying it?

[​IMG]

6. who are you quoting? even in my sarcastic reply, i never said or implied AMD was better. maybe Nvid will market some reading glasses you can buy...

anywho... *when* AMD was notably better in every respect, mindshare of easily manipulated fanboys + a great marketing team were more than enough to keep Nvid ahead in GPU marketshare. from 2000-2006, AMD had the superior desktop & server CPUs, yet didn't get ahead in marketshare. do you know what Intel did (which was found illegal in several high courts throughout the world, btw), to ensure AMD couldn't? nah, you don't care cause it doesn't fit your preconceived fanboy view of reality.

also - why the f are you trolling me with off-topic shite in my nice, positive thread?...just to prove where you fit into "society being enamored with & glorifying trolls/griefing" ??? fuckouttahere with that

DigitalHominid likes this.
  7. You're actually taking this way too hard.

[​IMG]

8. you've actually been taking this way too far.

9. Sportsmanship is indeed very cool and an important thing to teach our kids.

thread closed btw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.